192.168.102.1 – Admin Login, Username, Password & IP Address – The 192.168.102.1 IP address is known as the local, private, or gateway IP address. 192.168.102.1 is the user’s router address that his computer devices are connected to the network will use to send data requests over the internet.
The user’s router also has a public IP address. The public IP address gets used by the ISP and any website that the user visit, to get the information of the website that they visit, to his router, with his router the sending that data, back to his computer screen, through the private IP address.
Accessing the user’s router admin 192.168.102.1 address will allow the user to edit the configurations of his software router.
- Firstly, to configure the router/ change its settings or define/change the password, the user needs to log on to the router admin. They need to Enter 192.168.102.1 into their browser’s address bar (URL bar).
- Next, If the user is receiving an error, then 192.168.102.1 is not the router’s IP address. The user needs to Type it again without the help of the autocomplete. Sometimes it might mislead you.
- If the user hasn’t changed the default username and password that came with the router, the user can consult our default router usernames and passwords list.
How To Configure the Router With 192.168.102.1?
The router admin page, with all its numbers and computer terms, can be intimidating. To start is by changing the login details mentioned, the user needs to follow the steps listed below.
- Using the steps above, the user needs to access the router admin page. On the main page, the user needs to scroll through the list of options until they find the general settings menu.
- Next, the user needs to Select the router password or similarly named menu.
- Next, the user needs to Enter his desired password. It should be something you can remember though still be secure.
- Next, no matter what changes the user makes, they always need to save the details.
- While for the general settings menu, the user can also change the username for the router.
How To Change Your Local IP Address?
Another popular setting people change on their router is the actual local IP address of the user’s router. The user router has two IP addresses, with more on that below. If the user opts to change his IP address away from 192.168.102.1, they should take note of his new address as they will need it to access his router admin page.
- Once more, the user needs to access the router admin page of his router. On the main page, the user needs to look for the general settings menu, or similarly named.
- Next, the user should then select “network settings.”
- Next, the user needs to Scroll through this menu until they find “router settings.” It is here that you will type in his IP address.
- Next, the user needs to Save his changes
Steps To Change The Name And Password Of the Wi-Fi Network:
The user needs to Go to the general settings menu.
- Next, the user needs to select the wireless settings option.
- In the SSID field, the user needs to type in his desired Wi-Fi network name.
- Next, the user needs to save his changes.
- The user can change his Wi-Fi network password, the option will be in the same menu as the SSID. Just in their user needs to select the Wi-Fi network password field and they need to type in his desired password. The user has now set the login details for his router and his Wi-Fi network. With his internet secured, they should explore further.
Finding the IP Address
- If the Computer Is Running Microsoft Windows:
The user needs to click on the network icon in the bottom right of his screen.
With the menu open, the user needs to select the Wi-Fi network that they use the internet.
Next, Selecting the Wi-Fi network will present the user with a variety of information. Among this will be IPv4, which will have a chain of numbers next to it that looks similar to 192.168.102.1. These numbers are your IP address.
- If the Computer Is Running On Mac OS X
The user needs to Open up the Apple menu
Next, the user needs to click on the option titled system preferences
Next, the user needs to click on the network that they use for internet access
Next to the word router, the user will find his IP address listed
192.168.16.1 is commonly used by default by modems or WIFI routers. If the user enters 192.168.102.1 in the address bar of his Internet browser, they will be able to see the admin area of his router.
The best-known router companies that are using this IP address by default are famously known as Motorola. However, 192.168.102.1 is only one of many standard IP addresses for the routers/modems.
It is the fact the fewer people are knowing the IP address of his router. This is because only in rare cases if the user needs his router IP (192.168.102.1).
Most technicians need this information to make changes to their routers. But still, there are situations where the user needs to access his router.
For example, if the user wants to change the router password, enable or disable parental controls or set up a WIFI guest account. In these cases, the user must know the IP address of his router.
Related Tags: 192.168.102.1