192.168.100.1 – As 192.168.100.1 is known as t personal IPv4 network address means that the user can’t attach to the user router or device from outside the local network similarly to the public IP address. It is used only for the relevant inside the local area network (LAN). The exemption to this law is if the user’s network uses dynamic DNS services, that will get the user connected to the in-house network through a freely available hostname. Neither the clients nor routers experience any change in network security or performance from allowing this address compared to any other personal network address.
Find the Router IP Address
If the user has forgotten the IP address of his router, they won’t be able to log on to his router’s web interface. Therefore, they must confirm the IP address of their router before trying to log in. the user can find out the IP address of his router in the following ways:
The user can look up the IP addresses related to his router online. The user will be able to get a list of the commonly used IP addresses and see which one belongs to his router.
The user can also use his PC to figure out the IP address. If the user is having a Windows PC, they can either use the command prompt or the Network and Sharing Centre to see his IP address. IP addresses are usually listed as the default gateway.
The user can find the IP address of his router on a Mac by using the utility tool. The user can also look it up on the System preferences tab.
If the user tries to access his router through his mobile device, they can connect to the network with WIFI and check the advanced properties to learn its IP address.
Forgot 192.168.100.1 Username and Password
It happens that the user can forget the username/password or both and then they are unable to log in. If the user has lost or forgot his username and password for 192.168.100.1 then worry not, they can easily recover his username and password through the following method.
To recover the forgotten username and password, they would have to perform a factory reset on his router. The user needs to Keep in mind that all changes that the user has made will be cleared.
- Firstly, the user needs to Take a sharp, pointed object such as a needle or paperclip.
- Next, the user needs to Look for a small RESET button on the back of the router.
- Next, the user needs to press and hold that button for 10-15 seconds using the needle or paperclip.
- Next, After that, release the button. The router will reboot itself and everything will be reset, putting it back to the default including any changed username and password for the user.
How To Find the IP Address?
For a computer running on Microsoft Windows:
- The user needs to Select the network symbol in the bottom right of his screen.
- Next, once you open that menu, the user needs to select the Wi-Fi network that the user is using to access the internet.
- Next, after clicking on the Wi-Fi network, the user sees a list of information related to the network. One of those pieces of information will be the IPv4, which is the user IP address and looks similar to 192.168.100.1.
For a computer running on MAC OS X:
- Firstly, click on the Apple menu, which the user will find in the top left of his screen.
- With that menu open, the user needs to select system preferences.
- Next, the user will select Wi-Fi networks, and the user should select the one they use to access the internet.
- Alongside the word router, the user will find his IP address.
Conflict among IP Addresses
Since 192.168.100.1 is a common known IP address for the user, they may have multiple routers with the same one. This will create a conflict when the user tries to log on to one of the routers but access the login page of another one.
The user may also be unable to access any of these routers at all. However, they can always set up static IP addresses for all his routers accordingly, keeping them unique in the network and avoiding any conflict. This also increases the security of one’s router since the hacker won’t be able to access its static IP address. Therefore, the user will always land on the web interface of the correct router and keep the user’s network secure as well.
Troubleshooting of Router
The user must note down the previous settings or the default settings of his router before making any changes. This is a preventive measure in case the router stops working, or the user is unable to connect to the network after the changes. Thus, the user will be able to revert the changes and go back to the old working settings. However, if the user is unable to resolve the issues, they will have to reset his router. The user can reset his router by pressing the button at its end for 15-30 seconds. This will reboot the router and put the default settings in place for the user. After this, the user will be able to log on to the router with the default credentials and change the settings accordingly.
IP Address is generally assigned for any device or server which can be used to locate or track the user’s location accordingly. IP The address serves as several applications and it serves as one of the main applications is setting the router default gateway and accessing the router admin page.
Related Tags: 192.168.100.1