192.168.62.1 – 192.168.62.1 which is famous as the local, private, or gateway IP address. The user’s router’s IP address 192.168.62.1 gets used by computer devices connected to the Wi-Fi network, that also have IP addresses, to ensure a data request. 192.168.62.1 is not the only IP address that the user’s router has, as it also has a public IP address. The user’s ISP and any website the user visit will use the user’s public IP address to get the requested information the computer device requests to the place it needs to go.
How to login to 192.168.62.1
- The user needs to connect to the ethernet cable from the router to his computer.
- Next, the user should open the web browser and type the IP address of the router in the address bar. The user can find the user’s default IP address on the back of his preventive packaging. If the Default Gateway fails and they receive an error screen, the user can refer to the router manual.
How To Configure to Router With 192.168.62.1
The steps above will allow the user to access his router’s interface. There is a lot that the user can do on this menu, though for someone accessing the router interface for the first time, it’s a good idea to stick to the basics. One great place to start is to change those login details mentioned above.
- The user will have access to his router’s interface. Once the user is on the main menu, they need to search for the general settings or admin settings menu.
- Next, they need to Scroll through that menu until they find the router password field. The username field will also be on this menu.
- Next, Once the user has found the correct field, they need to enter his desired password or username, depending on which one they want to change. If the user is changing his password, make sure that his new password is secure.
- As with any changes that the user makes to his router, always save once they have finished.
How To Change The Name And Password Of the Wi-Fi Network
Once the user has changed the login details of his router’s interface, the next thing you might like to do is to set the login details of the router’s Wi-Fi network. To change the Wi-Fi network name, the user needs to change the SSID.
- Once more, the user needs to go to the general settings or admin settings menu.
- From that menu, the user needs to search for the wireless settings option.
- It is here that they will find the SSID field. The user needs to select the field and type in their desired Wi-Fi network name.
- As before, the user needs to save his changes.
Changing the Wi-Fi password follows similar steps. Instead of selecting the SSID field, the user needs to select the Wi-Fi password field. Next, Enter his desired password and save his changes.
How To Find the IP Address
For a computer running on Microsoft Windows:
- The user needs to Select the network symbol in the bottom right of his screen.
- Once you open that menu, they need to select the Wi-Fi network that they are using to access the internet.
- After clicking on the Wi-Fi network, they see a list of information related to the network. One of those pieces of information will be the IPv4, which is his IP address and looks similar to 192.168.62.1.
For a computer running on MAC OS X:
- Firstly, the user needs to click on the Apple menu, which they will find in the top left of his screen.
- Next, With that menu open, they need to select system preferences.
- Next, the user will have a selection of Wi-Fi networks, and they should select the one that they use to access the internet.
- Alongside the word router, the user will find his IP address.
- On the off chance that the user can’t sign in to his router, at that point they are likely entering an inappropriate username or password.
- The user must reset their router’s login information. To do this, the user needs to press and hold the small black reset button on the back of your router for 10 seconds. This will restore the user’s router to the factory settings for the user.
- If the login page does not load, the user must make sure that the Wi-Fi connection of the device that they are using is working properly.
- In some cases, the pages may have stacking or speeding problems. In this case, the user’s network is probably using an alternate IP address.
However, 192.168.62.1 is only one of many standard IP addresses for routers and modems. Hardly the user is aware of the IP address of his router. This is because only in rare cases the user knows to need his router IP (192.168.62.1). Most technicians need this information to make changes to the user’s router.
But still, there are situations where the user also needs to access his router. For example, if the user wants to change the router password, enable or disable parental controls or set up a WIFI guest account. In these cases, the user must know the IP address of his router.