How To Configure the Router With 192.168.100.100? The 192.168.100.100 IP address is a local and private gateway IP address. 192.168.100.100 is the user’s router’s address that the computing devices connected to the network will use to send data requests over the internet. The user’s router also has a public IP address.
The public IP address gets used by the ISP and any website they are visiting, to get the information of the website, they visit, to his router, with him router the sending that data, back to the user’s computer screen, through the private IP address.
How to log in?
The user must have an internet-able PC device. Then the user must connect the PC device to the router. The user may do this through Wi-Fi or with an online Ethernet connection.
With the PC device linked to the router, the user needs the web browser of selection. With the open browser, they need to write the 192.168.100.100 IP address, in the search box.
Next, Looking for 192.168.100.100 will proceed the user to the login segment of his admin router page. The user will have to write the username & password joined with his router. The accurate details will proceed the user to the router admin page menu.
How To Configure the Router With 192.168.100.100?
- The steps are listed below
- Using the steps above, the user needs to access the router admin page. On the main page, they need to scroll through the list of options until they find the general settings menu.
- Next, the user needs to Select the router password or similarly named menu.
- Next, the user needs to Enter his desired password. It should be something that the user can remember though still be secure.
- No matter what changes the user makes, always save the details.
- While in the general settings menu, the user can also change the username for the router.
How To Change the Local IP Address?
Another popular setting for the people is to change on his router is the actual local IP address of the user’s router. The user’s router has two IP addresses, with more on that below. If they are opting to change his IP address away from 192.168.100.100, they should take note of his new address as they will need it to access his router admin page.
Once more, the user needs to access the router admin page of your router. On the main page, the user needs to look for the general settings menu, or similarly named.
Next, the user should then select “network settings.”
Next, through this menu until the user finds “router settings.”
Next, the user needs to Save him changes
How to Change the Name and Password of his Wi-Fi Network?
- There are more settings related to the router that the user can proceed with, though the user may also wish to modify his Wi-Fi network details. The SSID or the Service Set Identifier is the name of his Wi-Fi network. To change this:
- The user needs to Go to the general settings menu.
- Next, the user needs to select the wireless settings option.
- Next, In the SSID field, type in the desired Wi-Fi network name.
- Next, the user needs to save his changes.
- If the user wishes to change his Wi-Fi network password, the option will be in the same menu as the SSID. They need to select the Wi-Fi network password field and type in their desired password.
Finding the IP Address
- If the Computer Is Running Microsoft Windows:
- The user needs to click on the network icon at the bottom right of his screen.
- With the menu open, the user needs to select the Wi-Fi network that they use for the internet.
- Next, Selecting the Wi-Fi network will present the user with a variety of information. Among this will be IPv4, which will have a chain of numbers next to it that looks similar to 192.168.100.100. These numbers are the user’s IP address.
- If the user’s Computer Is Running On Mac OS X
- The user needs to Open up the Apple menu
- Next, the user needs to click on the option titled system preferences
- Next, the user needs to click on the network that uses for internet access
- Next to the word router, the user will find his IP address listed
As mentioned above, 192.168.100.100 is known as the private IP address which the router uses to classify itself over the network, and delivery point for information requests from PC devices with the Wi-Fi networks. 192.168.100.100 is generally not unique to the router as the maximum router manufacturers use a range of personal IP addresses across him variety of routers.
The personal IP address is not even exclusive to a specific brand, whereas it performs the way as the only individual who requires to identify the personal IP address is the router owner.
The series of numbers is the IP address that is connected to all devices communicating with the other. Also, it is not only internet-able devices that have IP addresses. Storage devices & Printers also have the IP address; hence the user’s router & PC devices use this network may link with them & use them.
Normally, the IP addresses of more devices on the Wi-Fi networks are different from him user router IP address, with the end number being unique.
Related Tags: How To Configure the Router With 192.168.100.100?